"How do you define comfort? List five things that represent comfort to you."
--Sarah Ban Breathnach, "Something More"
Hmmm... Comfort is feeling free to be me - quirks and all. Comfort is not trying to be someone else or impress someone else. It is rest and relaxation. Enjoying life for what it is.
1. It's pajamas. Really soft, slightly baggy, colorful, fun pajamas. (With slippers and a robe if I'm lucky.)
2. It's a blanket to curl up in. (Even in the summer when I take a nap, I often grab a blanket to cuddle with... The hubby asks me if I'm cold. I respond, "nope. It's a comfort-thing.")
3. It's flip-flops. I love being able to kick off my shoes in the grass or under my desk!
4. It's my husband telling me I'm cute or beautiful when I'm sick, tired, or am having a bad day.
5. It's having dessert with a friend - telling stories, laughing, crying, and not judging one another for that last bite of triple fudge cake...
What a fun thing to think about... What are your five?
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Labor Day - a day off.
2. Irish coffees for breakfast.
3. My camera got dropped off to get fixed... (It had a little accident this weekend... No more pictures on the blog til I get it back..)
4. Lunch at Sea Salt with the Laughing Waters Bluegrass Festival in the background.
5. The hubby wore his "my wife rocks" t-shirt. (We always get fun comments when we wear those shirts!)
6. How I Met Your Mother. So funny.
7. A cool, rainy day - perfect for books and napping.
8. Leftover mashed potatoes. Delish!
9. A comfortable life.
10. The fact that I can honestly say that I like myself. Imagine that!
5 Easy BBQ Potluck Sides by Natalie
36 minutes ago