Monday, March 15, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook - March 15th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... blue skies, sunshine, a light breeze, green buds in the ground, and 64 degrees!  Gorgeous!
I am thankful... for two beautiful days in a row.  I SO needed this to get me out of a small funk.  It did the trick!
From the kitchen... leftovers!  We had an early St. Patty's Dinner with my family on Saturday.  Chicken sausage, Irish cheeses, brown bread, tomato chutney, bacon and cabbage, and "black and tan" brownies.  Yum.  It was delish - and we're still finishing it off!
I am wearing... jeans, a black t-shirt, and a grey hoodie.  Comfy and cozy!
I am going... to Europe on Saturday.  I'm starting to not be able to contain my excitement.  Work is going to be tough all week, I think!
I am reading... "Be the Surprise" by Terry Esau.  Great book!
I am hoping... for this kind of beautiful weather in Europe.  I know it's not likely... but a girl can dream, right?!
I am hearing... my hubby talkng to his sister, the dryer (with some noisey jeans!), the dog growling at her toys, and the refrigerator making ice.  The sounds of home.
Some plans for the week... my sister's "epic" choir concert tomorrow night, a Lenten dinner and service project at church on Wed., Open Sanctuary on Thurs., Packing on Friday, Leaving on a jet plane on Saturday!
One of my favorite things... Wii.  We don't have our own, so when we play at a friend's house we have a LOT of fun.  I think it's a great way to get my frustrations out!  (Not that I have any, of course...)
A picture thought I am sharing: Our St. Patty's Dinner!

Things I am thankful for today:

1.  The dog letting me sleep in til 9am!  Whoa.  That was awesome.
2.  Getting a lot of work done - a lists of more to finish up before Friday!
3.  Pastor Penny is back from her vacation.
4.  Another amazing, nice day outside!
5.  Going for a walk with the hubby and the dog.  Perfect.
6.  A horse in our neighborhood today!  Not something you see everyday...
7.  Leftover Irish food for dinner.  Yum.
8.  Going over our lists of things to do with the hubby.  I like that we prepare for traveling in the same way.
9.  My new suitcase - holds everything I'll need.
10.  Looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your table settings...especially the "placemats"...good idea!

I will miss you tonight!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin