Sunday, March 28, 2010

Europe - Day Eight

Phew!  We made it!

We packed our things bright and early this morning and were getting ready to go down for breakfast at 7am, hoping to say good-bye to some of our tour buddies while we waited for our transfer to the airport.  Since, we had never gotten the info, we were hoping we would catch them in the lobby...

Just as we were about to head downstairs, our phone rang.  Our ride was here.  No time to say good-byes or have breakfast.  Ugh!!!!

We went down, loaded into the van and away we went to the airport.  Talk about anti-climatic as we left Paris!

Oh well....  The hubby and I have decided that we would come back to Paris only if we have someone with us that speaks French, and only in the summertime.  I'm glad we were there - as our tour guide, Monique, would have said, "been there, done that, check it off the list!"

Our flight was on time and uneventful.  We were seated in different rows, so we pretty much watched movies the whole time.  I couldn't fall asleep because the guy next to me was giggling so hard at a Bill Bryson book.  Too funny!  (Ha - literally, I guess!)

Mom and Dad, my sister Kayla, and our dog, picked us up at the airport and took us home.  So nice that they are willing to do that for us!  Makes the end of a long day so much easier!  Thanks again, guys!

Goodness.  Another trip over.  I would love to go back to Amsterdam in the summer.  I would go back to Belgium again in a heartbeat!  Paris?  Eh.  I can take it or leave it, I guess. I think it's really true that you enjoy places that fit your personality.  And Paris wasn't it for us.  And that's ok.  (I would like to see other areas of France still, though!)

Hmmm....  Wonder where we'll go next?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin