"Reclaiming ourselves usually means coming to recognize and accept that we have in us both sides of everything. We are capable of fear and courage, generosity and selfishness, vulnerability and strength. These things do not cancel each other out but offer us a full range of power and response to life. Life is as complex as we are. Sometimes our vulnerability is our strength, our fear develops our courage, and our woundedness is the road to our integrity. It is not an either/or world. It is a real world. In calling ourselves "heads" or "tails," we may never own and spend our human currency, the pure gold of which our coin is made."
--Rachel Naomi Remen, M.D., "Kitchen Table Wisdom"
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Another day of sticking to my "no TV in the mornings!"
2. An understanding staff when I'm home with a migraine.
4. Book group. A good group of friends.
5. Neck rubs from the hubby.
6. Sleeping incredibly well. Not sure why, but I'll take it!
7. Continued snow melting...
8. Realizing the 40 degrees temps here are probably the cool side of what we'll have in Europe - and thinking that will be just fine!
9. Beth H. did the praying at book group! Wa-hoo!
10. Eating the last of my one box of Girl Scout Samoa cookies... Until next year, my yummy friends!
How to Naturally Dye Easter Eggs by Bridget
15 hours ago