Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

What a day! 

1)  Church this morning - so fun!  I had confirmation with my three wonderful kids and a friend of theirs.  We played a Bible game as something fun to do on Halloween - and had so much fun!  I love this group!  Then, worship was wonderful - full of joy and thankfulness for all the ways people are using their talents to share God's love with those around them.  And lastly, found out another former youth group kid is engaged!  Woo-hoo!

2)  Came home and got set for our first-ever Halloween Cherry Street Cook-out!  We made apple brats, pumpkin cupcakes, and warm apple cider - all served with chips and candy, of course!  We got everything set up in the garage and were thrilled to have 15 people show up!  It was great getting to know some of the neighbors and their kids. Lots of laughing and getting to know one another - the hubby and I are already talking about hosting a spring event...  Lawn games, anyone?

3)  A peaceful night...  Not many trick-or-treaters...  But very relaxed (and some of our favorite candy to snack on this week!).  Definately time for a good night's sleep...  Zzzzz...

Things I am thankful for today:

1.  The hubby taking these beautiful pics this morning:
2.  A wonderful hubby that goes along with my crazy ideas!
3.  Loving working with the kids at my church.
4.  All the people at church cheering us on with the cookout.
5.  All the food turning out yummy!
6.  New friends on the street:  Marie, Kathy, Tara and Troy with Jackson, Katie and Jerod with Brandon and Oliver (and Grandma), Heather and McKenzie, Julie.
7.  Carving jack-o-lanterns!
8.  A fire in the fireplace.
9.  More donations for Goodwill.
10.  A clean garage.
11.  Knowing I'm going to sleep WELL tonight!

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

So glad it went well. Somehow I'm not surprised! Wish you lived on my street!

Unknown said...

You have my wheels turning for some ideas in my neighborhood... Happy Monday

Blog Widget by LinkWithin