1. Last weekend was a quiet weekend... The hubby went to visit his mom and I had NO plans. I ended up spending some time with a friend, having dinner with the family, getting some stuff done around the house, and simply relaxing. LOVED it!
(Friday night, I spent with my friend, Em, working on her Halloween costume. She's a Social Studies teacher and wanted to go as "Manifest Destiny." So I painted the apron (it's based on the painting, "American Progress"), and she added the toys. It turned out great, Em!)
2. I've been leading a small group at work, using the book "Unbinding the Gospel." And I love it! We have a great group from all walks of life - which makes for wonderful discussion about faith and why we do (or don't) talk about our faith... These ladies are amazing and make my week!
3. Wednesday night was our church's annual Turkey Dinner. I took the job of greeting people at the front door this year - and it was so fun! We have a lot of senior citizens come to this meal - so excited for a fun evening out. I like watching how sweet the little old men are to their wives, and how cute the ladies are with their girlfriends. This year, we even had a grandson surprise his grandma by bringing an ICE SCULPTURE to the church! He left it by the front door to surprise her - and so everyone else would get to enjoy it, too! What a wonderful gift for grandma - and the whole event! (It really classes up the joint, huh?)
4. Our pup had to have a tooth removed on Thursday - this I am not thankful for. (It was a very stressful day for me!) But, I am thankful for the people at her Vet. They are so good to her - and to us. They call and check up on her, send emails to remind us of her medications, and they are so sweet to her. She's recovering well - almost back to herself. I'll be REALLY thankful when she's completely healed!
Things I am thankful for today:
2. Cereal... We've been out of breakfast foods all week!
3. Working on my Halloween t-shirt. Yep - I didn't get complicated this year...
4. Black nail polish. I kinda like it!
5. Success at making dinner!
6. LOTS of leftovers!
7. The hubby helping with clean up!
8. Friends thinking of us when making weekend plans!
9. Delivering invitations to our whole street for a little Halloween cook-out.
10. Pumpkin beers.