Saturday, November 10, 2012

Operation Christmas Child Fun

I've been looking forward to Saturday alllll week!

Hubby and get to share some coffee, a yummy breakfast, and a lazy morning...

Then I get to study, think, and write my sermon all day...

But the best part?!  Our Operation Christmas Child date!

Our church started sponsoring this charity last year, and Mike and I decided to make a date out of filling our two shoeboxes to the max!  They get sent to kids who otherwise may not experience a joyful Christmas and it's a practical way to show God's love.  (Kind of a "massive" conspiracy of kindness!)  Love it!

(The only bummer about the whole thing...?  I wish I could be there when the kids opened the boxes.  I can only imagine the squeals of delight and surprise!)


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  The generosity of strangers.
2.  Time to share.
3.  Resources to share.
4.  Energy to share.
5.  Bouncy balls.
6.  Colored pencils.
7.  Head lamps!
8.  Satuday mornings.
9.  Farm fresh eggs.
10.  Friends getting answers to their questions...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin