I've been having a tough week. And yesterday and today, the same quote appeared 5 different times throughout my days.
A Pinterest posting.
A note from a friend.
And today? Another blog.
All right already! I hear ya!
It's a good one. One I've loved for a long time... Maybe it could help you today, too?
"People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.
Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.
Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway."
-Usually credited to Mother Teresa or Kent Keith
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Waking up to a happy dog.
5. Park events and petting zoos.
6. A baby cow, named, "Norman" - of course!
7. Chasing the "furry" chickens with Natasha.
8. Em, Elly, and Sam visiting - and going for ice cream.
9. Getting things ready for "Graduation Sunday" at church. Fun memories of the youth that graduate this year - bittersweet, for sure.
10. The hubby's phone call from Wisconsin... Nice to be missed!