Craft #3: New Year's Eve Memory Jar
Take a jar, put the year on it.
Place a little pad of paper and pen or pencil in the jar.
The point is, when something happens that you want to remember - whether it's a good meal, something someone said, a special event, etc - you write it down and put it in the jar. Then, on New Year's Eve, you open the jar and go through your memories of the year!
(I cut up scrapbook paper that I will never actually use for scrapbooking, instead of a pad of paper. It's more colorful and fun!)
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Going for walks everyday this week!
2. Goldfinches and monarch butterflies.
3. A bluebird sighting!
4. A mission trip meeting - almost everyone was there, and I'm so excited to watch this group work together and laugh together! It'll be a great trip!
5. I got to visit a 96 year-old man, from our church, in the hospital this week. He and his wife are so sweet and were so surprised that I would come a visit! It was a fun morning.
6. Lunch with a former youth group kid. Andy graduated college this week. Uffda. So fun to see all that lies before him - and the person he has become. I'm a proud Youth Director!
7. Our brother-in-law that's moving to town joined us for dinner on Wednesday. So fun to get to chat with him - and find so many things we have in common!
8. I did it. I read "50 Shades of Grey." Think what you must. I enjoyed it!
9. The mission trip team got together to prep for their big Indian Taco Dinner fundraiser at church. They worked so well together! It was so fun!