Friday, July 23, 2010

Alaska 2010 - Day 5


So, today Karlin took the day off of work to spend with us...  So what do we do?  We go fishing, of course!

We woke up, ate breakfast, and headed to the small - and I do mean SMALL - town of Hope, Alaska.  Heck, I would have visited just for the name's sake!

We stopped first at Tito's Discovery Cafe for lunch...  A crazy little local diner with amazing wrap sandwiches and fresh, delicious pies!  Service was slow and a little nutty - but the food was well worth it!

By the time we were all fed, Karlin was chomping at the bit to do some fishing!  While Karlin walked ahead to find his perfect fishing spot, Em, Fin and I meandered behind.  Fin was the first to notice the huge mud puddles... and this is how it went:

"Hi, I'm Finley.  I'm cute as heck and ready for today's Alaskan adventure."
"But before we go anywhere else...  I must tell you about this glorious mud puddle!"
"It's ooey gooey and wet.  And I love it."
"Ok.  Let's go see what other treasures we can find now!"

I wasn't quite sure how exciting a fishing trip would be today...  Seeing as I don't fish...  But it really was a fun day.  The scenery was beautiful, as always, and it was fun watching all the people out there fishing.  They each had their own ways of doing things, their own perfect spots, and there were lots of families with funny kids!  A very cool experience.

Of course, this is kind of a typical family day for Em, Karlin, and Fin.

Playing in the mud.

Daddy catching fish.

Family posing with the fish...  too funny!
(Aren't they cute?)

Fin losing steam and taking a rest.

And to top it all off...  Wild horses.  Awesome.

What a day!  I'm exhausted.  It's been a whirlwind week.  But I'll be so sad to go home tomorrow...  It sure has been fun!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin