I love when the fun of the week is almost all spontaneous, shared with friends, and a little silly.
Life is good.
The weekend started Thursday with an call from the hubby during the workday, asking if we could go to a concert that evening. A Fine Frenzy and Joshua Radin. Cheap tickets. New venue. Good music. A friend free to join us. Sounds good to me!
Friday night we were supposed to be camping out in line for our allotment of the 2012 Surly "Darkness" beer. By late morning we realized we weren't tough enough to camp in 20 degree weather... So we invited another friend over for some beer tasting. Warm and cozy. Good company. Some great beers. Another lovely evening!
Today, was our church's annual UNICEF carnival for the little kids of the church and neighborhood. I got to get dressed up, play with little kids, eat "mummy dogs," and laugh at our magic show. It may be kind of a silly event - but I do look forward to it every year!
What fun did you have this week?
Things I am thankful for today:
2. "Haute Chocolate" nail polish.
3. Teenage boys who volunteer at little kids' events.
4. Laughing with friends.
5. Adorable pics of kids in costumes.
6. The love and labor that parents put into their kids' costumes.
7. The hubby's work winterizing our house!
8. Making brownies for a youth group member's birthday.
9. A "smiling" coyote enjoying a sunspot in the tall grass on the side of the road this morning!
10. A sunny day! Finally!