"Order is a lovely thing; on disarray it lays its wing, teaching simplicity to sing."
"Encourage yourself to simplify, simplify, simplify and strip away what's unnecessary."
--Mina Parker, from "Less is More"
Ironic that my reading today had to do with order and organization. Yesterday, the hubby and I went to buy some bigger bookshelves for my office at work. Today, he graciously volunteered to stay after church and get them put together for me. What a guy!
I've been feeling like I was drowning in mounds of paper and books for a few weeks now. Since my job description was expanded, I've been purchasing and borrowing lots of new resources; leading new study groups - requiring more resources; studying all kinds of new philosophies and strategies... All leading to more and more STUFF.
I was getting buried under it all - and had no where to put it.
But my husband. What a guy. He put the shelves together after everyone went home this morning. As he was assembling, I got to clear out some things and organize other things. Awesome. We were there for three hours - but it was so worth it! I still have more to do when I get there on Tuesday - but it will feel wonderful to have it done!
I know people make fun of me for my bit of hyper-organization and neatness... But, man. I can't describe how good it feels when it is done! I have a renewed energy and enthusiasm...
I wonder what I could organize next?....
Things I am thankful for today:
1. The hubby making a new friend.
2. My confirmation boys - great discussion!
3. Getting to pray with someone after church - for good results on her surgery tomorrow.
4. My new shelves - so nice!
5. My hubby - so great!
6. A quick nap and dinner in the brief time I was home.
7. A good Annual Charge Conference at church - all good reports!
8. Looking back at our past year of ministry - wow. It's amazing how many things have changed for the better!
9. Being told by a friend that I've been doing good work. It means a lot.
10. Getting home for some of the Grammys. The wonderful, the ugly, and the questionable.... It's always interesting.
3 hours ago